Wanted: New Rules Mast & Prod (used)

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Shu
Boat Number: USA 1183
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wanted: New Rules Mast & Prod (used)

Post by Shu » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:24 am

There were many lost rigs reported at the worlds. I'm willing to do some repair work if you want to unload yours. I'm located in Southern Calif. Also, does anyone have a used spin pole (prod) they would like to sell?

BWR
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by BWR » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:49 am

Shu,
I have an older Willets rig that I broke back in 2001, could esaily be fixed up and used, a bit stiffer than the new rigs, but could work well with your sort-of 14. Might also have some kites available dependiing on what you want. Best thing is, it's all in SD. Contact me.
BR

Jack Salerno

Post by Jack Salerno » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:08 pm

Shu, I also have a Willets rig that I would part with for a small fee, actually two of them, one that has been broken a few times and repaired and one that has never been broken. Buy BWR's mast to cut down into a prod and mine to use as a mast.
jack

Shu

Post by Shu » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:17 am

Jack,
Why would I want to cut down a willits rig for a prod? I was under the impression that a willits rig was stiff to the hounds with a flexible tip. Or do you just throw the tip away and use the untapered portion of the mast?

Second question. Why would I want to buy your mast rather than BWR's (I take it you've seen his)

Second to last question,
How much do you want for the rigs?

Last question, there seem to be quite a few 14's in San Diego. When is everybody getting out on the bay next? I'm totally amped after watching the final race of the worlds from the committee boat.
-Steve

USAUS

Post by USAUS » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:42 am

Anybody still have a rig they want to get rid of? (In socal)

rand
Boat Number: USA 1143

Post by rand » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:28 pm

USAUS wrote:Anybody still have a rig they want to get rid of? (In socal)
I have unrigged Willets from 1997 (mast, spreader, mast head crane and stump). It is blue and I could be persuaded to part with it.
Rand Arnold
International 14 USA 1143
"A Bumblebee Called Kate"
(former US President, former US Measurer)

Jack Salerno

Post by Jack Salerno » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:32 pm

USAUS,
I have a Willets that I would part with. Located in Cardiff, ca.
PM me
jack

bundykris
Boat Number: USA 1189

mast

Post by bundykris » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:37 pm

I've got 2 year old Bieker mast that Turner put together. It broke at NOOD last year but is sleaved and strong as an ox. Shu's got first dibs on it unless the Seattle Fleet buys it. $1,000. We're coming down for the "winter circuit" in SoCal.

Kris

Shu

Re: mast

Post by Shu » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:31 pm

bundykris wrote:I've got 2 year old Bieker mast that Turner put together. It broke at NOOD last year but is sleaved and strong as an ox. Shu's got first dibs on it unless the Seattle Fleet buys it. $1,000. We're coming down for the "winter circuit" in SoCal.

Kris
Kris, I'll have to relinquish my dibs on your mast. Financial woes...
:(
-Steve
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183