Shu1 for sale

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Shu
Boat Number: USA 1183
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Shu1 for sale

Post by Shu » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:01 pm

If you want to get into 14ing one step at a time like I did, here's the boat. Conversely, If you want a quick boat that's not as turbocharged as your 14 so you can take a novice out with less chance of swimming, this will do it. Personally, I like to single-hand it, which puts it back into the turbocharged skiff realm.
-In it's original configuraton: Single trapeze rig
-Okoume plywood over port orford cedar stringers
-single line spinnaker set and douse
-gnav (push-style vang)
-self tacking jib with 4:1 purchase
-pivot-style mast step; attach the shrouds, put the pin in the step and raise the mast - easy.
-kick up rudder - a pleasure to beach launch
-Quantum Sails main, jib and spinnaker in very good condition.
-nice wide side decks are comfy for your bum
-telescoping tiller - extended it is long enough to steer from the trapeze.
-multiple foot loops and aft angled rail make it easy to trap way aft in big breeze.
-full top and bottom covers
-Sietech dolly with custom fit bunks and fat sand tires
-higher and faster and more comfortable than a 29er

This boat was meticulously built and well maintained. If I must say so, it is gorgeous and attracts a crowd at the dinghy park. There is no rot, and it has features to keep it rot free.

Finally, with a full-size rig (not included) it can be a 14 again. It has a measurement certificate, and a second full-size spinnaker pole and Glaser jib. As an I-14, the boat is competitive in light air.
Attachments
14sailing 003.JPG
14sailing5.JPG
14sailing002.JPG
PatrickGreyPhoto.jpg
best photo I have of the hull (full rig shown)
PacRim 001.jpg
sailing with a full-rig in the Pac-Rims (Hawaii)
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable