For Sale 1997 Penultimate, Broken Mast & Bow Sprint Erie PA

Moderators: Shu, rand

dmcbrier
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

For Sale 1997 Penultimate, Broken Mast & Bow Sprint Erie PA

Post by dmcbrier » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Need Used Mast and Bow Sprint 1997 Penultimate

Unfortunately we snapped the Carbon Rig and Carbon Bow Sprint.... It was a tough day for us.
Make: PAWLICK 1
Model: International 14
Year: 1997
Style: Penultimate
Length: 14'
Color: Black
Name: Treason

We are looking for a replacement mast ... Know of anyone with a spare carbon rig and bow sprint? We are also accepting all offers for everything including the broken mast and broken bow sprint.

- Black Hull
- Sails
2 Mains - 1 Large, 1 Small
1 Asymin Chute Good Condition
1 Kevlar Jib Good Condition
- Mast Rigging
- Rudder
- Centerboard
- Trailer (No Title, No plates)
- Seitech Dolly
- Instruction Manual

If you want pictures please call or email.

David McBrier
814-602-9881 Cell
814-455-4799 Ext 210
Erie, Pennsylvania USA
Erie Yacht Club
Last edited by dmcbrier on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gleonard9
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: For Sale 1997 Penultimate, Broken Mast & Bow Sprint Erie PA

Post by gleonard9 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 pm

David,
What're you looking to get for everything?
Thanks,
Graham

dmcbrier

Post by dmcbrier » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Graham,

Thank you for the unquiry.

$1500 OBO (Or Best Offer) Very Negotiable
The most important part is too find a good home where she can be rebuilt or parted out for pieces.

dmcbrier

Post by dmcbrier » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Pictures (Coming Soon), Mast was (Key word, Was) Carbon.

sailnaked6842

Post by sailnaked6842 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:18 am

I know someone who might be interested in this. Any chance you can put the pictures up or, if it's easier for you, you can email them to me directly at sailnaked6842@netscape.net. Also do you know the builder/model of the boat?

fastair

Post by fastair » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:51 pm

She came out of Toronto ? She was an absolute beauty when I was looking to buy her...
Too many boats, too little time

dmcbrier

Post by dmcbrier » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Now that Christmas is over life is a bit less stressful. I found a few minutes to get some images.

Here is a link to the images.
http://picasaweb.google.com/dmcbrier/In ... directlink

Hope this helps. David

Shu
Boat Number: USA 1183

Post by Shu » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:21 am

That mast is definitely repairable. Couldn't find the broken bowsprit in the pictures.
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi:

Can I ask what happened. Was it in the Bay or in Lake Eire?

Ed Chimney
US1112

dmcbrier

Post by dmcbrier » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm

The boat got blown over on the dock. It was tied down to the Jr. Sailing dock with the mast up. The wind came in at about 60-70knots and flipped her over. It was all downhill from there. The boat did a quick flip on the wood dock. Snapped the Rid and Carbon bow sprint in the process. This rig got bent in 2 spots. So if we do a repair to the mast with West System and Sleeves -- This would need to be done in 2 sections of the mast. I am not sure that is feasible -- I am starting to talk with people who are good with Carbon. Ouch! :oops: The boat was tied down well in the front and at the sides. But the back caught the wind and forced the boat to spin. Once the boat spun it was all down hill.... the wind was able to get under the back hull -- The surface area of the boat caught the wind in the back and gave the boat a quick flip. Mother Nature at its best.

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi:

These are such great boats, I would say you should not be discouraged and fix the mast and pole. There are a couple of threads on how to do this. I am sure if you asked there are a lot of people who would help with good advice. You have plenty of time, the ice won't be off the lake until March or April any way. You should also post in the Ottawa, Naraganset, and other skiff sites.

Ed Chimney
US1112

dmcbrier

Post by dmcbrier » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will take a stab at fixing the mast. Really - how hard can this be... :idea: :mrgreen:

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:26 pm

I think on this forum there a thread on mast repair. I remember reading it and it was very detailed. Shu or Avram might know. Also i am sure that West systems whould have some advice. As I understand to ship these boats all over the world the masts have to be cut then put back together again. Its probable not that hard and certaintly well worth the effort. I would start a new thread in the Tech section. You could take a look at SAiling Anarchy fix it thread also.

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Just wanted the check in and see how you guys are doing. IF you don't want to fix it yourself I am sure that around Eire or Cleveland there are people who can. Now is a good time because they probably are not very busy and are looking for work. You need to get back in the boat this spring.

Shu
Boat Number: USA 1183

Post by Shu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

I had a not-so-detailed description on this site, which you can still find if you use the search function. I remember getting a detailed description from someone when I needed to extend a used mast about 6", but I cannot find that anymore. Perhaps in the archives of the I14usa.org site???
-steve
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183