Divine Madness needs a good home.

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JSW225
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Divine Madness needs a good home.

Post by JSW225 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi!

I love the boat, however my crew situation fell apart, and my lake is way too flukey. I don't sail it nearly enough to justify me keeping it over other people.

It's built by Mr. Divine from Australia roughly 1986 / 87. A classic penultimate. I'll show some pictures of the boat and sails I have.

3 Mainsails, 4 Jibs, 2 Spinnakers. 1 Mainsail in good condition (needs some tape), 2 jibs in great condition, and 1 spinnaker (showed in top picture) in good condition. Some battens missing on the other sails. The lines and rigging are in good condition for an old boat. Could use some superficial fiberglass and gelcoat repairs on the top and bottom.

1 Daggerboard, 1 full rudder assembly, 1 rudder cassette (no rudder for this piece), and 2 long aluminum tiller extensions.

A piece of the mast track broke at the bottom. This should be replaced or repaired, but can be avoided with careful raising of the main.

The trailer has Missouri Plates that were never updated to my home state.

This boat and trailer is free to a good home. However, the new owner must promise that when it comes time for them to part with the boat, be it an upgrade or something else, that they will give it to the next owner for free. Also, to avoid the same mistake I made, I will be putting forth a little effort to make sure Divine Madness has committed crew and a good body of water to roam.

If you want this boat, you have to come to South East Pennsylvania to pick it up. Finding someone good to take it, we'll arrange a time for you to pick it up.

So, to sum up, talk to your crew, see if you want a classic Penultimate I14, and leave a message here saying you got crew, and where you'll be sailing out of. Then we'll arrange the pick up.

rand
Boat Number: USA 1143

Re: Divine Madness needs a good home.

Post by rand » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:12 pm

One small clarification :) This is not a "classic Penultimate I14" in northern hemisphere parlance, but a successful Australian design from before the merger.

Great boat!
Rand Arnold
International 14 USA 1143
"A Bumblebee Called Kate"
(former US President, former US Measurer)

fastair
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by fastair » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:32 am

Isn't this like Marcus's old wedge boat?

Where in South East Pennsylvania?

I guess I could then just cascade my old Cross III down to a couple of local lads who were looking for a boat to knock around on as a freebie.... karma is a great thing

The cross III terrifies my crew..one can only imagine what the Miss Devine would do to him...

Sailing out of Dead man's flat yacht club on the mighty Kennebecasis River in Eastern New Brunswick Canada.

One of the most beautiful sailing river systems in the world.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
Too many boats, too little time

sailnaked6842

Post by sailnaked6842 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:44 am

Hey, saw your post and I am a crew and have a skipper who was a top notch 420 sailor and just started in 470's. We've been looking for an I14 to get into the class for about 2 months now and the only boat we could find was in the UK which we were seriously considering as an option. We're looking to race and live in NW Ohio but would consider driving as far as it required. I'm 21 and funds are tight, but I have a place to store the boat, so this would be a great help to us and I would promise that I would give it away to a good home, like you, only if he promised to give it away as well. My email address is sailnaked6842@netscape.net if you wanted to email me or it's fine if you want to keep it on the message board.

Thanks,
Eric
Last edited by sailnaked6842 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

sailnaked6842

Post by sailnaked6842 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:45 am

By the way, it would also be sailed for practice on Lake Erie and raced where ever is within about 8-10 hours of driving.

Thanks again, Eric

fastair

Post by fastair » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:20 am

Sounds like A perfect boat for you Eric... Enjoy the 14's.. :)
Too many boats, too little time

JSW225

Post by JSW225 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Emailing Eric.

BWR

Post by BWR » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:18 am

Eric,
If you get the boat to the lake by the 4th I may be able to give you a hand for a day. Haven't seen DM for several years, hopefully everyone who has had her has put at least some work into her and kept her going. I grew up on Lake Erie and will be there for a wedding July 4th in Vermilion. If you have the boat together by then, I might be able to spend an afternoon giving you a hand and helping get you going. Been a while since Lake Erie has seen a 14 I'd guess.
Cheers,
BWR
US 1161

sailfsu

Post by sailfsu » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Hello,

Is the boat still looking for a home? I'm with the Florida State Sailing team and we're looking for a secondhand skiff for our fleet. We're looking to start a high-performance sailing team but need the boats to get our feet wet. Unfortunately our budget is very limited but enough to cover maintenance and upkeep. The skiff would go to a good home, and be crewed year round. Of course when we decide to part ways with the boat we will give it away to another hopeful. Our email is fsusailing@gmail.com.

-Alberto
SCFSU Commodore

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 am

This boat couldn't still be available. We are building a skiff fleet in Oyster Bay and I could pick the boat up on December 27th.

Ed Chimney
631 697 5119

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:21 am

This boat couldn't still be available. We are building a skiff fleet in Oyster Bay and I could pick the boat up on December 27th.

Ed Chimney
631 697 5119

JSW225

Post by JSW225 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:45 pm

This boat has already been given to a new owner.