6ft Skiffs!!!

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Andy

6ft Skiffs!!!

Post by Andy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:31 pm

hey, i just saw on the 12ft web site some people are starting to build 6ft skiffs!

from what i gathered there is only one rule...they must be 6ft long! the rest is up to the builder/sailor, and how stupid he is!

i was thinking of building one and putting my 14 rig onto it so that i only have to build the hull!

what an idea! under £100 it is to build a hull...why not have a go!

http://s10.invisionfree.com/12ft_skiffs ... owtopic=78

take a look

Andy
A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office

Isis

Post by Isis » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:48 pm

The only real limitation is that it must be 6 foot long, the rules on the site are very early stages and there purely to try and stop people going against the spirit of the class. Effectively anything that doesnt try and cheat the waterline length goes.

Its all gone pretty quiet at the moment, partly because I broke the forum preventing people posting, but mainly due to other projects taking over slightly... I have a cherub to glue back together before I have space to begin the 6 and a number of other things including a fully foiling cherub, and a 12ft skiff conversion are slowing down some of the other projects but beleive me this hasnt petered out into nothingness.

We will have 6s getting wet this summer.

Ben
http://ww.skiffs.org.uk

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:28 pm

nice one...a foiling cherub sounds errrr....exciting :? lol

yea, i realised the forum was broken when i tried to register and it wouldnt let me. I am throwing my self head first into this 6ft skiff buisness, it sounds like itl be a good laugh!

i was also thinking about starting to make a cherub or 12 ft skiff as a fairly long term project (a year and a half maybe) anyone know about any costings in the UK for plugs etc? or is everything in Aus?

cheers
Andy
A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office

Isis

Post by Isis » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:20 pm

Is it still not letting you register now? I thought Id cleared everything up...

Andy Paterson of bloodaxe now has (or is getting) a woof 12 mould.
Theres a couple of cherub moulds floating about too. Drop me an email or get on the cherub mailing list if your interested, theres no end of people who can point you in the right direction

ben@skiffs.org.uk

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable