Wide Racks & Bigger Rig

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Northshore Pirate
Boat Number: 1112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wide Racks & Bigger Rig

Post by Northshore Pirate » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:10 pm

Saw something on the Facebook page (International 14) about wider racks and a bigger rig. Anyone know about this?

EdS
Boat Number: GBR 1524
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wide Racks & Bigger Rig

Post by EdS » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:19 pm

Dan or Woofy probably best to comment on this.

But my recollection was a proposal at the uk agm for a couple of boats to fit wider wings to quantify the performance and useabiliy differences.
The original boats identified didn't get round to doing the testing, so woofy has put together an m12 with the wider racks.

It has a standard rig not bigger. But the original proposal was a modest increase in sail area, but for the future

I am sure someone from the UK fleet will add to this or correct me
Roaring Forties GBR1524

Northshore Pirate
Boat Number: 1112

Re: Wide Racks & Bigger Rig

Post by Northshore Pirate » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:07 pm

I got a Facebook post about Richard Woof Marine with videos of the wide racks. Is tis a formal thing with the class? Could it be approved for the San Francisco Worlds?