Experienced crew needed for Nationals

Post here if you need crew or would like to crew.

Moderators: Shu, rand

avramd

Experienced crew needed for Nationals

Post by avramd » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Hello Everyone,

(please forgive the cross-post w/ the yahoo group, not sure yet where fleet members focus their attention yet)

I'm buying a B4, and it is on it's way to the west coast right now from the UK w/ the POW container. John is working on getting it to Seattle along with the rest of the container boats, and I'm looking for someone to sail with at Nationals.

I hope to find somebody with significant modern-rules I-14 experience because this will be my first time on a new-rules boat. I sailed a penny for the summer, and have sailed 29ers for 2 years, and Laser 2's since 1998.

I'd really like to find someone who can help me use the Nationals to take a big bite out of the learning curve for the modern boats. A skipper from elsewhere on the continent who wasn't going to go to the trouble of getting his boat to Nationals would be great. To be clear, I'm not the least bit concerned with final standings, I just want to learn the boat, meet the fleet, and be part of the event.

Please let me know if you're interested!

-Avram

pburnett

Post by pburnett » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:34 am

avram, are you going to Nationals this year? i might be in san diego during that time.

shoot me an email, or i will probably call tomorrow.