14 So Cal. Winter Series

Moderators: Shu, rand

BWR

14 So Cal. Winter Series

Post by BWR » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:22 am

Hello everyone,
As promised, I've been working on some dates for a Southern California winter I-14 sailing series. It is still in the works, but tentative plans are to have at least monthly sailing available at the San Diego One Design Weekends (ODW). I'm still waiting to get confirmation of storage space for some boats that commit to making all these races. Some of these races will be outside on the Ocean on 'Coronado Roads', and some will be sailing inside San Diego Bay. We will make the choice as to what is the best location for sailing at the time, and pending resources, to assist with getting to and from the race courses. At present we plan to sail ODW JAN 3-4. (Jan 1 - New Years Day Race also available as a fun race inside San Diego Bay - big boats, dinghies, cats) ODW FEB 7-8. We will attempt to assist moving some double stacked boats to and from ABYC for midwinters FEB 21-22. This is a long standing and large event on the 14 calendar. ODW MAR 7-8. San Diego NOOD MAR 20-22, another well established event with 3 days of great sailing in San Diego's South Bay. ODW/San Diego Skiff Super Cup APR 4-5 - this has been growing and is tight short course racing, close to land for good spectator viewing, mid course gates up and downhill. This 'may' involve other skiff classes including 29ers, 49ers, and Aussie 18s. I'm hoping to plan some training weekends in this time frame as well - most likely another introductory skiff clinic in mid Jan., and possibly a more advanced clinic at some other time either associated with these race dates or separate depending on interest. We have to have at least 6 boats for each start on ODW. If storage is available, there will be a charge from SDYC.
Please give some feedback as to interest and likelihood of attending so I have ideas of numbers.
Thanks.
BR
US1161

BWR

14 So. Cal Winter series

Post by BWR » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:00 am

Sorry,
1st ODW dates changed from Jan. 3-4 to Jan 10-11, 2009.