San Diego Skiff Super Cup

Moderators: Shu, rand

BWR

San Diego Skiff Super Cup

Post by BWR » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Writing to invite 14s other classes to SDYC on Apr. 11-12 when we will be having our SD Skiff Super Cup. We've done this event in the past but not in the last coule yrs. It is short course 1/4-1/2 mi. legs windward leeward x 2 with mid leg gates which have to be passed trough both upwind and downwind. Lots of races over the course of the day. This is a low key, fun regatta run close to shore so spectators can watch. Entry fee is $1 / foot/ boat (14s = 14 bucks) plus 2 6- packs of your favorite micro-brewed beer. Jrs excluded (unless your parent show up to drink the beer) The 14s have done this event in the past and had a great time. About 5-6 yrs. ago and number of 49ers came down to do it and had a great time as well. Just seeing if any of the 49er fleet (+FX) might be interested. Please spread the word around as I only have and few of the 9er fleet contacts. Let me knw if any ?s and if there is interest and how many boats might make it

Brad
I-14
USA 1161

joe.bersch

Re: San Diego Skiff Super Cup

Post by joe.bersch » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:15 pm

This is truly an amazing event and one of my favorites. You will get more boat handling practice in one day than in a week of practice. Lots of close quarter racing and lay line practice. Unbelievable fun (at least if you are driving)! Regrettablyt looks like I am going to miss this one. Darn.

BWR

Post by BWR » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:21 am

Is Hendo going to come down? If not his boat, then my B3 still available as of now. Lots o good beer!

Shu
Boat Number: USA 1183

Post by Shu » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:33 pm

Brad,
Just for clarification, are the juniors excluded from the event, or just the 2 six-pack requirement?
-Steve
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183

BWR

Post by BWR » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:17 am

steve,
Always want more sailors. We won't require the 2 6 packs of beer, maybe we should make them bring water of gatorade :) Now if we were in Europe! Hoping to get / create skiff sailing interest and nit's a great / fun weekend. I've invited 49ers and Fx's as well.
BR