East Coast Regattas

Moderators: Shu, rand

Pirate

East Coast Regattas

Post by Pirate » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:46 pm

All:

We have 7 months intil next summer. Is anyone interested in plannng some racing on the East Coast? There seem to be a good number of boats around though rather scattered. I know there are 4 on Long Island. Two summers ago I counted 5 at Newport. I think there are two or three at American. I am sure we could find clubs to host us. We already have the HPDOs at American in October that we could take advantage of. I am sure that Sayville, Seawanhaka, Annopolis would be willing to. This would be especially true if the regatta was part of an already existing one and all they would have to do is add a start. I thought perhaps a good place to start would be a list.

Ed & Matt
US1112

Pirate

Re: East Coast Regattas

Post by Pirate » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi:

Just an up date. Oakcliff is planning on skiff clinics next summer in Oyster Bay with Olympic level coaches. They are in the planning stages right now. I will keep you posted. If I had some interest I would approach them to see if they would add 14s to the FX & 49er days.

Ed & Matt
US1112

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:32 pm

Oak Clif Skiff Clinic is July 5 to 14.

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 pm

If a prominate East Coast Yacht club were to host a I14 Regatta on Long Island would anyone attend?