San Diego NOOD - I-14 West Coast Championships

Moderators: Shu, rand

BWR

San Diego NOOD - I-14 West Coast Championships

Post by BWR » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:07 am

SD NOOD is sch. for Mar.20-22, 2009. We will again be sailing out of the Navy Yacht Club at Fiddlers Cove off the strand on Coronado Island. Sailing in San Diego's South Bay, usually 5 kts. more breeze here than anywhere else in SD. Water will be in low/mid 60s F, usually 8-20 kts. of breeze. This will be the 8th yr. for this regatta and it seems to get better every year. This will again be the "West Coast Championship" There will be a distance race/tour de bay, as well. Entry is available on-line at www.sailingworld.com go to the NOOD section and you can get your entry in there. The fees go up by $50.00 if not in by Mar. 2. We usually have around 20 + boats. 3 yrs. ago the 14 class was voted most competative and the winner got a free trip to the carribean to race against all the big boat wankers from other NOODs. There will be some class sponsored parties as well as a 14 class dinner planned for Fri and Sat. evenings after the party tent. Bring your boat early for SDYC One Design weekends (Feb. 7-8, Mar. 7-9) and stay for Super Cup out of SDYC Apr. 4-5. I'll send more info. out later.
Happy Sailing,
Brad
US 1161