Who's gonna be good in Geelong?

Moderators: Shu, rand

Damo

Who's gonna be good in Geelong?

Post by Damo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Well haven't been here for a while. Who's gonna do it in Geelong ? This is what I feel ,
Start with uk reps : based on 2015 season then Glen and Sam have to be favourites. Based on budget spent and previous seasons results then Ben McGrane and Uzi join him. Down the scale in budget but a billionaire in Worlds winning experience then Archie and Harv are in the frame. Bear in mind ages of these hulls , Ben's is a JK b5 built for NZ worlds and Archie's was new for the 2006 worlds. I think Glens hull is minimum of 4 years. More evidence that it's all been in the rigs and foils. Anyway rest of world? It's a shame the top 2 from the us nationals aren't there. Especially to finally prove all the chat about the B6's/various rigs potential. I guess in the Aus fleet then standard view is if it's dogs off chains then Brad Devine will be on it. What happens if it's shifty up and down etc hmm not sure. One thing is for sure Dave Alexander will be there with a sweet setup , same could be said for Lindsay Irwin. Roger Blasse could figure if the ship is on pace. With his OK experience to sort the shifts. Would like to see Dave Hayter there too.
Outside shots? Well Andy Fitz glammed a 3rd in Canada. No expense spared and is wily campaigner. Another from team Darkhorse are the partingtons. Have they got their uk B6 package up to speed though? What do you'all reckon ? Who've I missed or dissed ? Damo (wishing he was heading south ).

evsjo

Re: Who's gonna be good in Geelong?

Post by evsjo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:27 am

It's a shame the top 2 from the us nationals aren't there
word

joe.bersch

Post by joe.bersch » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:21 pm

Good thing I came 3rd at Nationals or I'd be missed! Actually, my boat will be as I sold it to Uto and Ishi-San in Japan.

Dave A. Is driving a Henderson B6 and I understand he and Dan are finding it to be a sweet ride. He and Terry G along with Kirk T. Should show the B6 fine next week in addition to the Partingtons.

Wish I could be there.

Damo

Post by Damo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi Joe, no slight intended in "the top two" mention. Just got excited in seeing an Olympic level helm /top skiff crew sailing a 14 (b6) and (long time 4deener ) Paul G getting 'on it' in his 2006 b5 . Damian

joe.bersch

Post by joe.bersch » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Of course none taken Damien! It is a shame more of our top NA teams couldn't make it. For many of us work and life just took the fro t seat for this one. Like yourself, we will live it vicariously through the web. Let's get on with it!

joe.bersch

Post by joe.bersch » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Of course none taken Damien! It is a shame more of our top NA teams couldn't make it. For many of us work and life just took the fro t seat for this one. Like yourself, we will live it vicariously through the web. Let's get on with it!