I14 dimensions

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Caprice
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I14 dimensions

Post by Caprice » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi, i would really thanks if some one could give the next dimensions..

Mast Height, Luff and foot of the mainsail

Foot and luff of the jib.

Distance from the mast to the forestay.

Luff leach and foot of a normal asymetricc.

thanksss

Caprice
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I14 dimensions

Post by Caprice » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:16 am

please someone!!1 i really need this measures!!! pleaseee!! (crying hehe)

Andrew P

Re: I14 dimensions

Post by Andrew P » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:09 am

http://www.international14.org/index.ph ... &Itemid=20

Link to current class rules.

Mainsail luff is limited by the height of the sail plan above the sheerline of the hull and the height of the boom above the same point.

Typically the boom height is 800 - 900 mm above the sheerline. With the max mainsail height being 7646 mm above sheer, you can calculate the luff length.

Mainsail foot length is a function of the balance of area for the jib size you have, typcially they are around 2100 + mm.

Jib Foot length is made to clear the front of the mast with self tacking jibs so this depends on the mast position and the tack location for the boat. Luff length is a function of the hounds height. Newer rigs are fitted with higher hounds therefore have a longer luff length. I think archie's current rig has the hounds two meters down from the tip.

Spin Luff length is typically the distance from the mast head to pole end plus 200 - 250 mm. Foot length is a function of overall area and sheeting angle. Talk to a sailmaker experienced in the class to get a kite made for the boat.