Spin pole Length

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rahall84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Spin pole Length

Post by rahall84 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:41 pm

I was wondering how long most spin poles are. I know the rules allow for 9ft (2743mm) but it doesn't seem most boat go to the max.

Chris Johnson
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Spin pole Length

Post by Chris Johnson » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm pretty sure most boats (and all competitive ones) are right at the max. Some others here with more knowledge of the class history might be able to let you know if there were some older boats that used shorter poles. OD14's maybe? I'm not sure there. All the modern ones are at 9' though.

rahall84

Post by rahall84 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:06 pm

It just seems a little strange since most seem to end at the mast step from pics I have been able to see.

Chris Johnson

Post by Chris Johnson » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Most do end near the mast step when retracted, but they're still sticking 2-3' out of the front of the boat. They retract a bit beyond the step on teh older boats, but the rig has been moving back in the boat, so I think they stop at/slightly before the step on the B5's. It does all ad up somehow, I promise!