BUILDERS US and CANADA

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tobyingrey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BUILDERS US and CANADA

Post by tobyingrey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36 am

Does anyone have a list of current builders here in the US or Canada ?

Shu
Boat Number: USA 1183
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BUILDERS US and CANADA

Post by Shu » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:57 am

Only one that I know of is Fred Eaton's shop(forget the name but it is in Toronto I believe).
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183

tobyingrey

Post by tobyingrey » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks Steve, So where do you go to get a new boat built ?

Shu

Post by Shu » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:35 pm

I go to the shop at my dad's place down the road. :wink: The name of Fred's shop in Toronto is Object 2 Skiffworks. I used to have contact info for Fred, but can't find it now. I think Brad (BWR here) still has it. Try PMing him.
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183

Shu

Post by Shu » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:58 am

There used to be someone in the Seattle area that built boats in collaboration with Paul Bieker, or maybe Paul built his own boats, I'm not sure. Anyway, that stopped when he got snatched up by an America's cup syndicate. Not sure what their status is now. Chris Henderson (also in Seattle) built his own boat, and does all sorts of boat rehab and spar building work. Try asking on the I14usa.org site.
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183

rand
Boat Number: USA 1143

Post by rand » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:06 am

Most fourteens are considered custom builds, as there are so few made, and then there is the boat Shu is making :-)

Kris Henderson would probably be happy to build you a boat, he does excellent work, just built me a new rudder system, and modified trunk to go with my new Russell Brown blades.

Kris http://hendersonboatcompany.com
Russell http://www.ptfoils.com/

No matter who builds your boat, you'll most likely end up with Russell brown blades.
Rand Arnold
International 14 USA 1143
"A Bumblebee Called Kate"
(former US President, former US Measurer)

Rockthesail

Post by Rockthesail » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:50 pm

This was actually something i have been wondering for a while. not that i have anywhere near the money to buy a new boat, but i was curios about all the different builders, hull designs attributes of different designs and builders ect.
Matt Connolly
1987 Bruce Boatworks OD14 Standard Rig "ON A PLANE"
Live Slow...Sail Fast