Carbon Racks

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jakesorosky
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Carbon Racks

Post by jakesorosky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Looking for a good place to get carbon tubing for a new set of racks for my B2. Any suggestions or ideas? my racks are 92in long

tobyingrey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Carbon Racks

Post by tobyingrey » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:26 am

Jake, I have a company that makes carbon tubes 1" to 10" 16feet long. Solution Marine 775 267 5129. ask for Toby.

Shu
Boat Number: USA 1183

Post by Shu » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:18 am

Jake,
I bought mine from ICE. Good prices. They have a variety of I-14 stock tubes.
-Steve
http://www.innovativecomposite.com/ice7 ... ts_rec.asp
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183

Shu
Boat Number: USA 1183

Post by Shu » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:21 am

By the way Jake, your racks were likely built before hydrofoils were added to your rudder. You probably don't need them that long anymore. Do you ever find your crew trapping from the front of the rack?
-Steve
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183

-TG
Boat Number: USA 1187

Post by -TG » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:45 am

Jake, I got my replacement racks from ICE as well... we've put them through the test and they've been solid. Good tiller extensions as well.

Terry
-TG
USA 1187
San Diego, CA

Hannes

Post by Hannes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:18 am

Got mine for my B2 from C-Tech. The have a tube that fits exactly into the transverse sockets of a Bieker-built B2. The quality is great, the tubes are wound prepreg.
I ended mine at the forward support. Paul advised me to leave all three supports per side in as the hull sides are built quite light.
It's all in the numbers. CFD, FEA, ... ;)