Complete rookie needs help

Moderators: Shu, rand

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ash13brook
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Complete rookie needs help

Post by ash13brook » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:49 pm

I just bought a 1977 I14 (according to the registration). That's all I know. Period. I haven't sailled in 40 years and then I mostly was just along for the ride. I did take a basic sailing course through the City of Chicago Park District a few years ago.
For right now, I just need to know about the boat and how to set it up basically. After I get the mast up and shrouds and stay attached, I'll take some more pictures and get more specific info then.
Here are my pictures so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ash13brook ... 705705260/

I am looking to find out absolutely anything/everything that can be told from these pictures. Anything look like it needs immediate attention? Anything missing? (I know, the sails-I'll get them spread out photo'd this weekend)

Thanks for any help,
Matt

tomvaughan

Re: Complete rookie needs help

Post by tomvaughan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Looks like a uk built, has a Proctor Mast, maybe a Kirby 7l look for a 3/4 number on the thwart or on the transome should be easy to see Probably exteam Race boat or maybe built for Kirby himself?
Tom Vaughan
ex Historian
UK 14 Historian

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable