Classic I-14

Moderators: Shu, rand

tony.cond

Classic I-14

Post by tony.cond » Tue May 15, 2007 6:28 pm

I have a classic, cedar-strip International 14 that has been completely restored.
I'm interested in having a sail # sewn onto the original Egyptian cotton Ratsey sails but I don't know where I have to apply (?) to determine what KC # I can use for a classic boat.
Does anyone know? :D

rand
Boat Number: USA 1143

Post by rand » Thu May 17, 2007 12:03 am

First of all, WOW! Looks great!

Boat numbers are assigned when the boat is first measured. The boat should have a number engraved in the "hog piece, centerboard trunk or transom" if I remember the old rules correctly. If not, then maybe you can research through past owners to find out what the hull number was. Or perhaps you received some documentation (measurement form or such) with the boat?

If you can't find the number any of those ways, you could apply for a new number, but that generally costs money (money which goes to the ISAF).

The difference between KC and CAN is just when the boat was registered with the IYRU or ISAF. A few years back the country designations were all changed to a three letter code from the original one and two letter codes. An old KC boat would become a CAN boat if it wanted to continue racing.

Since you probably won't be racing, what ever you prepend the boat number with is not important to anybody but you.

Good luck!
Rand Arnold
International 14 USA 1143
"A Bumblebee Called Kate"
(former US President, former US Measurer)

tintin

Post by tintin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:29 pm

look this one
the number of this boat as kc 29 is made from mahagonny . the boat is a 1958 in good shape