moving next year to brisvagas

Moderators: Shu, rand

dave

moving next year to brisvagas

Post by dave » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:33 am

just wondering where my fellow 14 sailors are in brisbane just so i don't join the wrong club.
hamilton island crusing yacht club
SPEED RECORD HOLDER
for henning island

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:14 pm

Last heard of at Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron

http://www.rqys.com.au/

Keith

dave

Post by dave » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:32 am

cheers keith
wonder where they sail theres a lot of open water there
SPEED RECORD HOLDER
for henning island

brent_aus416

Post by brent_aus416 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:24 am

Hey dave mate.
I live in Cairns and have sailed here since the late 90's. I have a 49er and we have a 2nd 49er here in Cairns too. I havent seen an int14 since Shayne Young was still getting around on his old 'No Mercy'. Would be great to see a 14 back on the water and we need some boats to race against to give us a fleet. There is a regatta at Mission Beach in a cpl weeks if you want to bring the boat down! Drop me a line anyway mate, I'd be keen to go for a sail sometime too even... :D

Anyway, cheers.
Brent Kincade

brent_firetail2@hotmail.com

dave

Post by dave » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:28 am

i have seen a 49er just down the road from me not sure if its yours how many are there in cairns?

i would love to make it to mission beach but i dont think my boat will be ready im still waiting on my new sails and universals for my foils

where do you guys sail in cairns?
SPEED RECORD HOLDER
for henning island

brent_aus416

Post by brent_aus416 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:17 am

Hey mate,
Yeah probably mine on Robert rd... Would love to come up to have a look at the 14! We're keen to get the fleet going up here in general. We want more Cats and skiffs (speed matching) and larger double handed dinghy's- eg: 505's, 29er's, 12's,14's,16's etc...

There's just the 2 of us 49er's, but crew problems have seen a lack of time on the water. It is also hard to be motivated to set courses etc... for just the 2 boats. We'll usually sail at Ellis Beach or Lake Tinaroo and on an informal basis we make the run upto Port Douglas- which is a great skiff sailing location.

Mission beach regatta is in 3 weeks (end of oct), which seems to be a while to be waiting on sails... I suppose depends who is making them. But there aren't any other 14's up here (that sail often) so it would be great to have a 14 to join in the fleet and make up the numbers for a fleet of skiffs. So really sails don't matter and you wouldnt want to waste your brand new sails on a weekend of yardstick racing. It hardly matters up here mate, we're not on port phillip where each bloke is comparing his to the next...

Well anyway- will wait to hear back from ya!
Brent

dave

Post by dave » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:15 am

man cairns needs a big kick in the arse we have ideal conditions and location for regattas for sailing and a club going broke because they dont realize what they have. you took the words out of my mouth saying its hard to get motivated, your message made me put the top coat of paint on the deck of my boat today and get back on track with the job. I will email my address to you so you can come and have a look if you want it looks a bit rough at the moment though.
we could even start our own skiff sailing club ha ha.
Im hearing you with the crew problems i use to live on hamilton island with no problems with crew who knew what they were doing and i get here its like chalk and cheese there use to be a race to fitroy island i was hopeing to get the speed record for that to but they dont even run the race any more due to lack of intrest.

any way im rambling on now keep an eye out for my email.
SPEED RECORD HOLDER
for henning island