AUS SAIL Numbers

Moderators: Shu, rand

ASA

AUS SAIL Numbers

Post by ASA » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:37 am

When did the numbering system become national? What number was the first boat with racks?

Cheers

dave

Post by dave » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:14 am

good luck with any form of answer from any one in austrailia. I asked and asked and asked for a sail number from the assosiation with no intrest or reply.
hamilton island crusing yacht club
SPEED RECORD HOLDER
for henning island

colo

Post by colo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi Dave
I find it hard to believe no one gave you a sail no. who did you ask?
I see you location is Brisbane. I have sailed out out RQYS in Brisbane for the last 20 years, but have never come across you. Where do or did you sail your 14?

dave

Re: AUS SAIL Numbers

Post by dave » Mon May 24, 2010 12:09 pm

I contacted every state and national pres in the country i finaly gave up and sold the boat i have only been in bris for 2 years and live in manly. I have not seen any 14's redily sailing out of RQ just in the river. Any way i sold the boat to an 18 year old keen on sailing so the record holding boat will still get some use.

14 AUS wake up and smell the roses you had your day in the sun and you burnt it by not being able to answer your emails a poor excuse in anyones books the worlds have been and gone and the class is poorer for it if you want youth to join up sell your $50,000 boat for a $1000 and get some kids involved before you perish.
hamilton island crusing yacht club
SPEED RECORD HOLDER
for henning island

colo

Re: AUS SAIL Numbers

Post by colo » Mon May 31, 2010 7:51 am

This is a waste of time, but here I go
1:- "I contacted every state and national pres in the country i finaly gave up and sold the boat" - Find that hard to believe. You did not contact me
2:- "i have only been in bris for 2 years and live in manly. I have not seen any 14's redily sailing out of RQ just in the river" - RQYS is at Manly where you live. I and many others have sailed every Saturday out of RQYS in the sailing season. I myself for the last 22 years. The only stiffs that sail in the river are the 16's. Are you sure you know what a 14 looks like ?
3:- "Any way i sold the boat to an 18 year old keen on sailing so the record holding boat will still get some use" - That's good you sold you boat. Maybe the new owner will find us. Still not sure what record you hold?

Anyway good bye and good luck.

from

Old Sailor with no records, just many good years sailing 14's with good friends