San Diego Intro to skiff sailing Jan 24-25

Moderators: Shu, rand

BWR

San Diego Intro to skiff sailing Jan 24-25

Post by BWR » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:50 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wN2DpJhBQHQ&sns=fb

A little video to get everyone fired up for the upcoming skiff clinic at SDYC next weekend. Please let me know who is planning to come, and please forward to other friends who might be interested In the past this has been a great intro. / training weekend. For people who are not complete beginners, please come as well, several active boats looking for crew and a great place to met others similarly interested in skiff sailing. Mostly directed to I-14s, but others welcome as well, any 29er sailors who might want to hear or see some different thoughts or techniques are welcome. We will start around 0900 Sat with dry land training, then rig a few boats and get out sailing mid day through about 1600. Similar plan, with more sailing Sun. Let me know if any ?s.

Thanks,
Brad

Shu
Boat Number: USA 1183

Re: San Diego Intro to skiff sailing Jan 24-25

Post by Shu » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:43 pm

If at all possible, do not miss this event. We will have several experienced 14ers, including national champions focused on helping you with boat set up, dry-land training, and lots of on-the-water, and in-the-boat coaching. Many people who are now active and successful in the 14 fleet got there start here.

If you have recently bought your first 14, bring it. We will help you get it properly set-up to make it easier to sail.
Steve Shumaker
USA 1183