San Diego Training Weekend 2012

Moderators: Shu, rand

BWR

San Diego Training Weekend 2012

Post by BWR » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:13 am

SDYC I-14 training weekend Jan 21-22, 2012. Introduce new and currrent sailors to 14 sailing. Will have coach boats and transfer boats to get people on the water and into boats. Several experienced 14 sailors to offer assistance and encouragement. Come see what you're missing. Bring wetsuits, life jackets, harness' if ya got 'em, and a good attitude. We plan to have numerous boats present to see variations of this exciting development class.

BWR

Re: San Diego Training Weekend 2012

Post by BWR » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:11 am

Good evening,
I am just following up on the planned I-14 training weekend sch Jan 21-22 at SDYC. You, along with others, had previously either confirmed you were planning to attend this event, or had stated that you were interested. I just wanted to touch base with you and give you some information. As of now we have 4 I-14s of various vintage B2, B3 (UK built), B3 (Aussie built) and B5 available for the clinic. This is going to be geared towards beginning skiff sailing, however we will have the fluidity to adjust to whatever level the attendees need/want. We will have numerous 14 skippers and crew at the event to help coach and give encouragemet as well as sail the boats with you. My plan is to possibly do some video work intially (depending on weather), then some dry land training working on proper trapeezing techniques and foot work through the boat for both skipper and crew. We will look at the various boats with different rigging systems and thoughts behind them, consider base tuning, look at sails, etc. We will then go out on the water for the sailing. I would imagine we will sail off Harbor Island in San Diego's main bay. We will have a couple chase boats so that we can take additional crew and skippers out to watch and observe, and transfer sailors from. Plan to bring your wet suit and life jacket, gloves, and harness if you have one. We will have some extra harness' that we can let people borrow and trade off. I'm planning to gather around 0800 for some intial rigging each day and go until people are tired or it gets dark. We might discuss some of the days activity afterwards over some 'refreshments' Any ?s, let me know. Please invite others if you beleive they will have an interest and be alright with getting wet, and having some fun.
BR

Hendo
Boat Number: USA-1190

Re: San Diego Training Weekend 2012

Post by Hendo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 am

Brad,
team seattle is up here working on our boats to get ready for your spring regattas.
we wish we were there, I'd fly in, but there's yust too much boatwork up here.
see if you could sent us some of your video's so we can injoy :D
Hendo.